Here at Mouth Matters in Chester, it’s definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas! We’re blessed to have the festive markets right on our doorstep, although that does make it very tempting to keep popping out for a mince pie, mulled wine, cheese, cookies, etc… We must resist!
We’ll be able to take advantage of all the goodies that this season brings very soon, as we’ll be closing for Christmas on 22/12/2017 and reopening on 02/01/2018. During this time you’ll be able to use our emergency dental service should you need to, so don’t fret if you happen to have a not-so-merry tooth moment during the festivities!
If you have a genuine dental emergency, please call 01244 343353 for full details of how to seek treatment. In the meantime, here are our top tips for avoiding a dental tragedy during the festive period:
1. Teeth aren’t tools! Don’t use them to open bottles, nut shells, or anything else!
2. Choose wisely. We’re all going to indulge a little, just try to steer clear of overly sticky or hard foods, like toffees, that have the potential to cause the most damage
3. Ice isn’t nice… especially under foot! We don’t want you to fall and need to ask Santa for your two front teeth, so be careful out and about when the temperature drops
4. Don’t graze all day. Stick to meal times where possible, and enjoy treats after food. This gives the teeth time to naturally remineralise after eating
5. Stick to your routine. Don’t forget to brush and floss everyday, for perfect party season pearlies!
Our festive opening hours are:
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
We’d like to take the opportunity to thank all of our lovely patients who have visited us during 2017, we’ve had a wonderful year and have really enjoyed treating you all.